Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thank You For Life!

I was privileged last week to celebrate another year that God has given me. It was a very special birthday, and I can’t help but think that I have learned to appreciate every single day He gives me to watch my children grow a little bit bigger and to see them figuring new things out. I am so grateful for every hug I am able to enjoy from them and from Luke, my tangible rock, who had to endure so much this past year. I hope we can all realize that each day we are given is a day that we remain useful for God’s kingdom. I hope that even on those ‘bad’ days we can all still appreciate that life is beautiful. He was so wonderful to give us so many pleasures in life. What a gift it is to experience it with our senses, our thoughts, our emotions, and our memories. Let me encourage you to give someone a hug today and tell them that you are glad that they are here, and that you have the joy of knowing them.

7 comments:

NonModern said...

I am glad YOU are here, and that I have the joy of knowing you.

Wow, seems we have been half a world apart for much of our adult lives. A guy should get to know his sister better, huh?

Becky Dietz said...

I agree with Jason----we're glad YOU are here! But I agree...I want to enjoy each day and love on those around me. Happy Birthday!!!

Janis said...

I'm so glad you're my daughter AND my friend!! I love you.

Janis said...

I'm so glad you're my daughter AND my friend!! I love you.

Linda Clark said...

I continue to pray for y ou. So glad you had a great birthday. I often think of you and know that you feel blessed to have the family you have!!!! Blessings

Brittney said...

Happy birthday, Emily! I am thankful for what God has done and is doing in you.

Summer said...

I am so glad you are here. Every day you are here to teach your kids, every day you are here to love on your kids, every day you are here to encourage others by your lifestyle, every day is another day that you impact more peoples' lives than you will ever know.
Know God's plan for you is HUGE. May you continue to bless and be blessed.