Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hello World!

The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble, and He knows those who take refuge in Him.

Nahum 1:7

Dearest Family and Friends in Christ,

How wonderful it is to be able to write to you. I apologize it has taken this long. I am trying to read the entire blog before I really express my heart to you, but I simply could not wait. We have dial-up so you know how that is, and there is just so much to read! (I am only to November 2nd.)

You all have blessed me more than you can know and I want to thank you for all of your thoughts, kindness, generosity, and above all for your prayers. “…and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.” James 5:16b. I have felt your loving prayers and know that God has answered and shown Himself powerful and merciful, all for His glory. There were no circumstances or luck involved in this event, only the hand of our sovereign Father, lovingly answering the prayers of His people.

Please do not stop your prayers for me yet, as I face a long recovery and am very limited in the activities I am able to do. Pray that I am able to meet my children’s needs, and praise God for my wonderful husband who, through God’s grace, has been a rock through this whole ordeal.

I go for a follow-up cat-scan and visit with the infectious disease doctor, Dr. Spak, this Monday to see how effective the ONE antibiotic they have me on has been successesful at killing the infection in the left over liquid in my abdomen. Other than that it will just be a matter of regaining muscle tone, energy and an appetite.

Even through all the pain and frustrations, this has been a surreal and wonderful experience. What a privilege to be a tool that unites so many in one accord, agreeing in prayer. What a joy to see just how big my God is and how nothing surprises Him or can stand in His way! He has protected me and my family and touched many lives in the process. Nothing He does is without purpose, even if it does not make sense to us.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain and snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth, and making it bear and sprout, and furnish seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So shall My word go forth from My mouth. It shall not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the mater for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:8-11

I love you all and thank you again. I will write again very soon. ~Emily

P.S. I would like to thank Becky for all her hard work at keeping up this blog, It has been such a blessing, and will be a written account for my children when they are old enough to understand. Thank you, I love you.

7 comments:

amy wright said...

I've waited for this day! It's good to "hear your voice" and hear you praising God for the good things he has done. :)

Brittney said...

Emily, it so good to "hear" from you! I have prayed and plead with God on your behalf so much. I am astounded by how he answered! Please have someone let me know if you ever need me to come stay and help for a day or two. I'd love to help in any way.

Anonymous said...

Emily,recibe muchos cariñitos y bendiciones, seguimos orando para que el Señor continue la obra en tu vida, fortalezca y recupere cada miembro de tu cuerpo.Damos la honra y la gloria a nuestro Dios por hacer este milagro en tu vida y poder ser partícipe de tu recuperación,a pesar de la distancia nos sentimos siempre cerca en todo este proceso ,gracias a este blog y a Becky por mantenernos informada y así poder orar por tí y tu familia, siempre estarás en nuestros corazones y en los recuerdos tan lindos que compartimos en Ñuñoa. QDTB..:):)
Miriam de Jara.

Becky Dietz said...

Emily!!
Wow! It's just so amazing still. Thank you for writing. We've known our perspective, but to hear yours just adds to the greatness of what God has done. We love you and are excited for His continued work. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Our whole family has been praying for you and following your progress daily. We are so glad that you are back home and on the road to recovery.
Robert, Joy, Julie, Jenny and Robin Bates

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, we haven't met but I am married to Becky's cousin Darrell from the other side of the family! I have just been reading some columns by Ellie Lofara and she talks about preparing for trials before they happen. I would like for you to share about that spiritual part of your experience. I hope that makes sence! I think Becky shared enough about you that told me you were prepared, firm in the Word, sure of who you are in Christ, etc., could you share with us how the Lord prepared you for this season?!

Martin Jones said...

Emily,
We have been praying for you and it is real joy to see God's answer to those prayers! We will continue to uphold you, Luke and family before our Lord!
In Christ
Martin and Fiona Jones