Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wednesday Night Update

I always laugh at Luke when I call him. He usually thinks he has nothing to tell me. But as he starts talking, I find out quite a bit.
He said Emily had a restful day. They've removed her catheter, so that means she'll be up and about more, I bet. It also will help heal her infection. That's all good.
They did go ahead and remove fluid from her abdomen yesterday. But they only retrieved 1/2 liter this time. Emily was upset---so much pain for so little result! It's hard to blame her!!
They've also given her 2 units of blood tonight. She had a low blood count---but they're not worried about it. They just thought this would be a good pick-me-up for her.
The flu is making its rounds. Mike & Jonathan (Emily's dad & brother) got home to Albuquerque and both came down with the flu. Luke's mom also has the flu. She was on board to keep the kids this weekend, so they're not sure of the plans at this point. Luke said the kids are fine. Luke has been working diligently today to get the house ready for Emily's eventual homecoming.
This has nothing to do with Emily's progress, but I just think it's amazing. Hannah's teacher is coming to my little hometown this weekend---and we're going to get to meet up! I live in Borger which is about 350 miles from where she lives. And not many people know where Borger even is! I just think it's fun!
Please pray that Emily feels much better tomorrow. I'm hoping the blood she's gotten perks her up. And pray for Luke as he gets all the work done around the house. Please pray for the family to get over these bugs!!

III John 1:2
"Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit."

No comments: