Thursday, November 20, 2008

6 liters

You do know what 6 liters of fluid look like, right?  Think about (2) 3 liter bottles of Coke.  That's how much fluid they removed from Emily's abdomen.  Can anyone say R-E-L-I-E-F?  Wow!  Luke called Janis who called me and said that when Emily came back from the procedure of removing this fluid, he asked the nurse if she knew how much fluid they removed from Emily's abdomen.  The nurse said that when the dr. took her downstairs, he was hoping for 1 liter!  But Emily piped into the conversation and told them the dr. had taken 6 liters of fluid!  Can you imagine?  She must already feel so much better.  Luke said she looked better!  
Thank You, Father, for helping Emily this way!

3 comments:

laresa white watson said...

Wow, I can only imagine what relief that is for her. Praises to God for this type of surgery and that she is doing so well. Laresa- Flint, Tx

amy wright said...

That is crazy! I just can't imagine. I hope that you feel lots better Emily!

Becky Dietz said...

Emily,
I hope this episode is what send you over the edge---the edge of getting well---that is! I hope you feel like leaping tall buildings tomorrow!!