Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Echocardiogram Today

Emily had a good night last night. There was good news from the lab report this morning---things were a bit better, Janis said. Emily still has a fever, but they still don't know why. The 3 hours of dialysis yesterday pulled off more fluids and she seems to be a bit less jaundiced today.
The doctor has ordered an echocardiogram today to check her heart to see why more fluids aren't coming off. So please pray for good results!
Yesterday, when Luke spent time with baby Sarah, he took a picture of her with his cell phone. Then this morning, Luke asked Emily if she'd like to see a picture of Sarah. Emily smiled and nodded "yes." So Luke held the phone as close as he could for her to see it (she doesn't have her glasses on!) and Emily just smiled. Doesn't that bless your heart?
Janis has asked that if you have left dishes at the Panter home that you come by to pick them up, if at all possible. If you are from Emily's CBS group, you can call Hanann and describe your dish and she'll pick it up for you. Thank you so much for doing that---it will help Janis tremendously!
Yesterday was pretty chaotic for Janis. I know I called her at one point and she quickly said, "I've got to go!!..." amidst kids screaming in the background. Abigail seemed to be acting out her frustrations yesterday. But she said things were much calmer today and she "had Abigail back!" Please pray for Janis. I can't imagine how hard it must be caring for 5 children.
And would you pray that Emily would be protected from infections that always seem to circulate in hospitals? Let's just be in agreement that God would protect her from any of those.
THANK YOU for praying! You bless our lives.

Psalm 91:5-7
" You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You." Isaiah 26:3

God is with you! Trusting God today for your complete healing!!

Becky Dietz said...

Emily!! I can't wait for you to wake up and hold that precious baby again. I'm thinking if we had a new 8x10 every 2 days of Sarah and all your other children, it would be the best motivation you could have to get well!! I'm praying for you---continuously. I know God is at work. Keep fighting, sweet girl! I love you, Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

HANDY LITTLE CHART - GOD HAS A POSITIVE ANSWER:



You say: 'It's impossible'
God says: All things are possible
(Luke 18:27)

You say: 'I'm too tired'
God says: I will give you rest
(Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: 'Nobody really loves me'
God says: I love you
(John 3:1 6 & John 3:34 )

You say: 'I can't go on'
God says: My grace is sufficient
(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

You say: 'I can't figure things out'
God says: I will direct your steps
(Proverbs 3:5- 6)

You say: 'I can't do it'
God says: You can do all things
(Philippians 4:13)

You say: 'I'm not able'
God says: I am able
(II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: 'It's not worth it'
God says: It will be worth it
(Roman 8:28 )

You say: 'I can't forgive myself'
God says: I Forgive you
(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

You say: 'I can't manage'
God says: I will supply all your needs
(Philippians 4:19)

You say: 'I'm afraid'
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear
(II Timothy 1:7)

You say: 'I'm always worried and frustrated'
God says: Cast all your cares on ME
(I Peter 5:7)

You say: 'I'm not smart enough'
God says: I give you wisdom
(I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: 'I feel all alone'
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you
(Hebrews 13:5)

Anonymous said...

Emily- I pray everyday for God to heal you and give Luke the strength to keep it all together.

You are such and inspiration to me. I strive to be the devoted wife and Christian you are.

When you are well I, can't wait for your insight on John. It is missed in leaders council.

Keep fighting. God has something awsome in-store for you when this has passed.