Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Day of Rest

They are giving Emily a "day of rest" today.  They said that because she worked so hard yesterday, she needed it!  They have removed her feeding tube from her nose and she is eating jello and other clear liquids.  Janis said she hasn't been particularly hungry, but they are trying to get her to eat.   As Kim said in the last post, Janis is staying in the room with her now.  And she will probably be with Emily until Wednesday, at least.  Emily is still disoriented when she first wakes up, so they are letting Janis stay with her around the clock now.  And Janis said it's very hard to get any rest when you're staying in the "eternally light" I.C.U.  Not to  mention all the disruptions of sleep by nurses needing to check monitors, etc.
Janis said Luke got ready to go to the hospital this morning and his van wouldn't work.  So hopefully, he can figure out what is wrong with it.  Let's pray it's something minor!!   (I misunderstood--I thought he was preaching--my mistake!  I've found that my information isn't always completely correct since I get some of it secondhand---and sometimes, like this,  I must dream it up on my own!!)   
Please pray that Emily gets well-rested today.  She is scheduled for a work-out tomorrow!!

Isaiah 32:18
"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying that the rest is what you need to move you further down the road of healing...praying for the entire family!