Saturday, November 22, 2008

Emily is Talking!

Luke & Janis traded places last night.  So Luke is with the children and Janis is at the hospital with Emily.  Janis called just now with some great news---Emily is talking!  Of course, she still has the trach, but has a cap over it, so she can talk.  They have the T-bar over the trach which blows air across it which also makes Emily have to work harder to breathe more on her own.  But she's doing that well this morning.  Emily was also showing Janis the leg exercises the physical therapist had given her to do--and she was doing those well!
But PLEASE don't let up on your praying for Emily!!  It may be that when we get good news we go into celebration mode and quit praying.  You know the roller coaster ride this has been---so please pray that Emily has a wonderful day ALL DAY today!

Psalm 118:24
"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Lord I thank you for the healing you have done in Emily. God I praise you for fulfilling our petitions with love and grace. Lord there is still a journey before Emily, I pray you would give her strength and continue to bless her body with restoration. Be with her entire family as they continue down this walk with you. In Jesus' name, Amen!!!

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!!! I can't wait to see your sweet face and HEAR your sweet voice today!!!!! Thank you Jesus!

Linda Clark said...

We will keep praying. I hope you have a good day with your mom. Emily it has been a joy to pray for you and I will keep doing it. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving...God is so good and why I am amazed with his miracles but I know there will be even more. Love Aunt Linda and family

Anonymous said...

I am so excited. I've been telling Deven about how God is working to make you better and he gets excited. We miss you and can't wait till you are well enough for us to see you, which I just know God is going to allow to happen before we know it. We love you.

Becky Dietz said...

Emily!
I'm so proud of you. You are working so hard. I know it won't be long before you're reunited w/ your family. We're praying for that to be sooner than you think!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily you are rarely out of my thoughts, always in my prayers, the LORD has touched so many lives through you, the list is endless, and keeps growing every day, love and good wishes, get home soon,
Love Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great news!! Praying for you!!