Monday, November 24, 2008

Physical Therapy

Janis told me tonight that Emily started physical therapy today. Three therapists came to help her. They first sat her up on the side of the bed and she did that very well. They then had her stand. And she did it! Of course, she's very weak and couldn't stand long, but she'll soon be running laps around the building!
It's looking good for Emily to get the private room----so please keep praying!

Psalm 84:11
"For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless."

Father, would you please give Emily & Janis both rest tonight? You covered the Israelites with a cloud by day---would you give them a covering tonight so they can sleep well? Would you turn Janis' hard chair into a soft mattress? Please minister to Emily's emotions while she sleeps. Sing over her. You are the Prince of Peace, Jesus---pour out that peace on her tonight. Heal Emily inside out. And God, we're asking for Your favor for Emily for that private room. Would you show Your great love for her by blessing her with it? And would you allow her children to come see her soon? Thank You for loving Emily so completely! In Jesus' name, Amen.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Emily, you are standing!!!! AHHH!!!

As We Are said...

What great reports. It is just getting better and better. We are so excited and praying for the private room OUT of ICU!

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!! You finally got to make a trip out of your bed!;) You've wanted that for a long time, sweetie pie! Every time Jeff comes in to see you, you beg him to "carry" you out of there. I can't wait til you're able to walk around and do all of the things you're longing to do. You're doing it and we're so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Amen, Amen, Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Way to go Emily!!

Anonymous said...

Ronnie,
You bless my heart!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure who is keeping this blog but I need to tell you what a blessing it has been to me to see God carry all of you though this so far and knowing that He will continue. I've been following the updates since my mother ("aunt" Ruth Ann Driggers) told me about it. I know that my family has been and will continue to pray not just for Emily but her family and extended family too. I have also forwarded this blog to my church family here in TN in prayers that the Lord will cover and bless you all with the peace that passes all understanding. -- uncle Mike, aunt Janice, besos y abrasos. Charla