Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Your Purposeful Service

This morning, I read this verse and thought of you:
I Corinthians 15:58
"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be firm (steadfast), immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord [always being superior, excelling, doing more than enough in the service of the Lord], knowing and being continually aware that your labor in the Lord is not futile [it is never wasted or to no purpose]."

We're so grateful for every little and big thing you are doing for the Panter family. I called Kim one night and was lamenting that I couldn't be there to help with the kids because of my job and that all I could do was keep up the blog. She pointed out that I was doing my part. Some of you may feel the same way. You're "just" taking kids to school. You're "just" taking a meal by. You're "just" sending money. Or you're "just" praying! You get the picture. But....as we all "just" do our little part, the whole need is being fulfilled. Our labor in the Lord for the Panter family is not wasted or has no purpose. It's the body of Christ working together to fulfill the needs this family has. So whether your part is large or small, it's needed! And you have no idea how much it's appreciated by the Panters. I know that Luke knows he couldn't be doing what he's doing without your help. So THANK YOU!! I knew God woke me up early for a reason---He wanted You to know how much you're needed and how purposeful your service to Him really is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for Emily to have another step forward day! Thank-you Jesus for all the steps that we see you giving to Emily. Even tho sometimes they seem like they are tiny steps we Praise You for them one and all.

Anonymous said...

Praying for Emily's complete healing.

Stef said...

We continue in prayer for Emily and are confident that He will complete His work in her body!
Adame Family