Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Luke's Update

Luke called and was a little discouraged. He had called the hospital this morning and was told there had been no change in Emily overnight. But then when he got to the hospital, he said that Emily was very jaundiced. That tells them that something is going on with the liver---they're just not sure what yet. He said their plan is to continue doing a slow steady dialysis every day. And there is no plan now to take her off of the respirator.
If you're in the medical profession, this will interest you. The doctor told him that it was the right iliac artery that had the ruptured aneurism. The aorta is the main artery coming out of the heart. Then it splits two ways. It was on the first right split where the aneurism occurred. So it was very serious. They removed 5 cm of that artery to repair it.
Please continue praying. We know it's a roller coaster ride you're taking with us! Pray that they'll discover the reason for the jaundice and be able to treat it. Pray for her kidneys to start working. Pray for her lungs to be strengthened. And pray for Luke to be encouraged.

Psalm 54:4 "Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke:
Be brave and realize that there are dozens of prayers offered for you and Emily constantly! Also realize that when you are talking with Em it is a big boost to and for her, hearing your voice and some reality. Be tough and know that you are doing everything for her during these horrible times. No one else can do what you can do for her right now! Be strong!
PawPaw Bill

Becky Dietz said...

Luke,
I hope things have gotten better today. I want to pray for you.
Father,
Please give Luke the hope and help he needs. I'm asking you to send angels to strengthen and encourage him just like you did for Elijah. Give him an Aaron & a Hur to hold up his arms while he battles for Emily. Bring him comfort and encouragement from unlikely places. Bless him with peace, a word from You, and the faith to see that word through. Please renew Luke, Father. Give him the rest he needs tonight. Help him to trust Your heart. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Becky Dietz said...

Luke,
I'm also praying that when you get that word from God and the faith to see that word through, that you'll walk by faith and not by sight.
Love you alot!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Lord Jesus,

This prayer is different! I feel so sad. I don't understand what you're doing! I know that you could just speak a word and Em would be healed....why are you waiting? I know your heart for Emily is love and your desire is for her best,but I don't understand in my humanity...give me a heart that trusts you, Lord Jesus. PLEASE PLEASE HEAL EMILY'S BODY. Please, just take care of it, Lord. Be everything Luke needs you to be today, Jesus. Take care of every detail...the ones that only you know as his creator. I love you, Jesus and I trust you.